Crunchy Kale & Tofu Salad Recipe
A crunchy kale and tofu salad can set the mood for a romantic dinner.
The beauty about our tableware is not only the attractive colour but how versatile each item is. We have been working along side Kajal’s Kitchen for a number of years now and are totally grateful for the passion Kajal shows through her cooking and her technique in styling her food using our products.
We wanted to share a very tasty recipe where Kajal has used our large red heart bowl. Totally apt for any healthy lunch or as a side.
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 4-5 cups curly kale
- 1/4 cups cubed organic firm tofu
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp agave, maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Ingredients for the Peanut Sauce:
How to make
- Drain the tofu by wrapping in a towel to dry the water
- Toss the tofu on a griddle / pan by adding sesame oil and sesame seeds for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Prepare peanut sauce by whisking all the ingredients together except the water. Taste and adjust seasoning as per your taste.
- Add kale to a large oven tray and drizzle 1 tbsp of lime juice, sesame oil and honey. Massage with hands for 1 minute to incorporate ingredients and soften the leaves. Place in a pre-heated oven 180* / gas mark 4 for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave aside to cool.
- To serve, add the kale to your bowl, add the tofu and drizzle with the peanut sauce. Serve immediately.
- Optional – you can add salted cashews over the top for an extra crunch.
Kajal’s healthy salad is served in our red heart bowl. Our heart bowl is now discontinued but you can browse the rest of our serving bowls here.
If you would like to learn how to make recipes like this and much more, I would highly recommend finding out more about Kajal’s Online Wellbeing Program.